Tuesday 4 March 2008

i packed my bag and in it i put...


...enough stuff to last me for 3 nights at mr & mrs b's house (thats mum and dad to you!)
before i ever go away on my travels, no matter how long for, i always see my mum and dad. i've never questioned why. it's just something that has always happened. because they live at the other end of the country i only see them 4 times a year maybe and one of those times is always before i leave the country.
and then today, on the phone to one of my bestest friends polly and she said "why? in case you never see them again?"
i was shocked, it never occurred to me that this could even be a possibility? how very morbid! making sure they see me in case i die! does anyone else have thoughts like this before a journey? or is it just my family??? (i wouldn't be surprised if it was)
but no matter! i'm over it (yeah righto) and very much looking forward to seeing the pair of them before i go to asia in 3 WEEKS!
woo hoo

2 comments:

Mary-Laure said...

Hi Bexy! Thanks for the really interesting comment you left on my blog... I left you a long answer to explain that what I object to is teachers who treat boys and girls differently, not the professional choices of people.
It was really super cool of you to take the time to express your feelings and your point of view.

Love the suitcase, BTW. But it must be heavy...

graziella said...

have fun on your vacation! im thinking of going to Japan by then end of april...;)