Monday 3 March 2008

the constant gardener


i can't believe i've only just seen this film. where have i been? what on earth was i thinking? or more to the point....what have i been watching? now, even though it took me 2 nights to watch it (i fell asleep the first night but it was out of supreme knackeredness, not boredom) i absolutely love it love it love it. it's sad, violent, beautiful, sinister, haunting and mr ralph is looking gooood!
is it any wonder that this got ms weisz an oscar? i totally believe that this is her cause, and that she does live in africa. amazing. and more amazing... i want to watch it again, the very next day. i don't think i'll ever get bored of it.
see it
now

3 comments:

graziella said...

i love this movie too and the director is one of my faves. He also did "City of God".

Esti said...

I like the movie, the images and the end of the story. It moved me.

Mary-Laure said...

I saw this a while ago and LOVED it too. I've lived in Africa (Kenya) so it also meant a lot to me.
Plus Weisz and Fiennes are 2 of the sexiest actors alive...