Tuesday 19 February 2008

my very unromantic romantic day

hello?
is anyone still reading?
i hope so.
it's been a while since i've written a post or visited my usual blogs but as i'm not especially keen on valentines day i figured it was time to step back. i seem to be the only person in blogland that dislikes it!?!
everywhere i looked was hearts and flowers. and it was driving me a little bit mad.
i'm not anti-valentine because i'm lonely or single or an anti-consumerist (is this a word?) but it's just that my idea of romance is different. any monkey can send a token of love when they're told to... and boy are we told! - restaurants,card shops,bars,the post office,supermarkets....PUKE
i like my romance a little more real. when my hunk brings me tea in bed, or cleans the bathroom when it's probably my turn, or gets up from watching the football and rubs my feet because i've got cramp (this happened 2 mins ago when Liverpool just scored their 2nd goal)
this is our valentines day...
i offered to do the late shift at work so finished at 8pm
get home via supermarket for provisions.
ate hotdogs
drank wine
ate ice-cream
drank beer
watched dirty sanchez
and i loved it.
and i still hate valentines day

2 comments:

Esti said...

Great post! I couldn't agree more. What happens to me is that every valentine's I feel ashamed, because I'm lucky to have all around me (in the way you wrote, btw) but also happen to have friends not to be so lucky. And such day always hurts them. Plus, I don't need anyone to tell me how deep my love is. I'm big enough.

graziella said...

i'm still reading and checking your blog and i did that flower quiz. ;)

although i did a valentine's post and a set on polyvore, most of the time I can't understand the craziness and gift-giving part of it. And it was kinda annoying(esp for single people like me) to be asked several times where I was going or what I was doing for Valentine's day. I was like, "work then drive home" like any typical day.