Wednesday 12 December 2007

my adventures in the kitchen!!! cinder toffee bexy stlye

so with a little encouragement from my work collegues - who incidently get to try the first batch it's cinder toffee here i come.....




so i got my trusty nigella recipe (i say trusty but as i've never tried this before i have trust in ms lawson!) and my bicarb of soda and just went for it!

its setting as we speak and i hope it's yummy as i plan to pop some in a pretty jar with the recipe as part of my mums christmas box! - well nigella swears by giving food as gifts! (she would the smug so and so!)
important point. have you ever noticed how cooks on tv make all this beautifl food but you never see them struggling to clean their pans etc afterwards??? well, while my flat smells delicious now, the flippin' stuff welded itself to the (expensive) pan like cement. bexys top tip - once you have poured the mixture onto the baking tray get that dam pan into a sink full to the brim of the hottest water you can get your hands on with loads of detergent. don't try to scrub it off - you are wasting your time and manicure. keep the pan in the water and it will just dissolve off! fab.

No comments: