Saturday 10 May 2008

south korea

busan, south korea
busan fish market
street restaurants
our travels took us to busan in south korea. and what a shock. where nagasaki was warm, peaceful and unbelieveably clean, busan was noisy, smelly, dirty,cold and a total assault on the senses. it was also amazing. packed full of people, there was a distinct lack of westeners. as such, we drew rather alot of attention and i experienced a little of what it would be like to be a celebrity. i didn't enjoy it. being stared at all the time made me very self concious and i was sure i had food on my face, or my flies were undone or something similar. the fish market in busan is fantastic. they are all alive and freshly caught and i've never seen such weird and wonderful creatures. can anyone tell me what the pulsating pink headless things that look disturbingly like penis's are? i couldn't find anyone that spoke english well enough to tell me!

9 comments:

graziella said...

Great pictures! i took a lot of pics of Tsukiji market in tokyo too. I love markets! I love the energy, the activity that goes on.

graziella said...

oh, what's your polyvore username so i can add you to my contacts. thanks!

blah said...

Are those pink things inside a cut in half fish? If so I think its their air bladders to show that they are still " alive"

Global Citizen said...

Hey BEX!
Got an email from Ross recently, thought I'd check out your blog. You took better pictures then me! You suck! HAHAHA. I'll keep this short and sweet (heard you've been busy), hope all is well.
-Jordan
ps tell ross no way he is captain, i'm captain!

Mary-Laure said...

Oh THANK you for sharing more pictures of your travels! I love them.

Matthew Miller said...

hey its matt from the cruise. i dont wanna post my email here cuz of spam but i think u have mine so email me. im trying to add u and ross to a group so we can share photos. if u cant find my other email just use uclamrm@aol.com . hope you're doing well. cool pics...


-Matt

porter hovey said...

Ohh! What a great trip!

Maia said...

We had similar experiences in parts of China...takes me back.

Absolutely Ladylike said...

Thanks for this beautiful images! I hope you enjoy your traveling. I love markets too...I enjoy them here in China a lot! Love, Evi